Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm engaged!!

On November 3rd I asked my Girlfriend Snow to marry me and she said yes. We went to dinner at the Arizona Room, which was the site of our first date two months prior. I wore a Chinese style jacket that Snow bought me on our trip to Vegas, and She wore the Black dress she wore on our first date.




We started the meal with the Roasted Red Pepper soup, and had prime rib as our entree.



After dinner we went to the porch swing at El Tovar, which we did on our first date as well. This is where I proposed to her. She mentioned that I kept staring at her all through dinner. I told her that is because I wanted to be sure hers was the face I wanted to see across from me the rest of my life. I then got down on one knee asked her to marry me and gave her an engagement ring. Her response "OK". After the shedding of a few tears of Joy, I broke out a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne. It was quite cold that night so after the initial sips we went back to her room and shared the Champagne with her roommate.




I was too busy celebrating to get an image of the ring until the next day, but it's a 1/3 carrat diamond with an enhancer band of inset diamonds.

No comments: