Monday, September 8, 2008

Hike down to Mile and Half House

Well I finally made it below the rim. I hiked down to the Mile and a half rest house with my friends Marc, Snow, and Jane.
Here they are just before we set out. l to r Jane, Marc, and Snow



looking up from the Bright Angel Trail.


Marc along the trail.


Snow and I along the trail.


Snow, Jane and Marc along the trail


We met a couple of new four legged friends along the trail as well such as this bighorn sheep


or this squirrel at our destination


And here we are resting at our destination...
Marc

Jane


Marc and Jane


Snow and I


It took much longer going back up than it did going down. My asthma was really making it tough on me. I kept having to stop and rest. It took about 30-45 minutes down and about 1.5-2hours up. Still it was a blast and I will do it again.

No comments: